Why should I consider a tracking collar for my dog.
A tracking collar for your dog can offer a range of advantages depending on your specific needs and circumstances. There are several reasons to consider using a tracking collar:
- Safety and Security: By using a tracking collar with GPS technology, you can quickly and accurately locate your dog if they get lost or wander off. This is particularly helpful in unfamiliar areas or if your dog tends to roam.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that you can easily find your dog if they go missing provides a sense of comfort and peace of mind. Whether you're hiking, traveling, or have a dog that tends to escape, a tracking collar can reduce the worry and stress associated with a lost pet.
- Training and Behavior Management: Some tracking collars have additional features like virtual boundaries or geofencing capabilities, which can assist in training and managing your dog's behavior. You can set up boundaries and receive alerts if your dog crosses them, helping with training reinforcement and keeping them within designated areas.
- Health and Activity Monitoring: Certain tracking collars allow you to monitor your dog's health and activity levels. They can track steps, distance traveled, calories burned, and even sleep patterns. Monitoring your dog's activity helps ensure they receive enough exercise and enables you to identify any changes in behavior or health.
- Adventure and Outdoor Activities: If you enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, or hunting with your dog, a tracking collar is invaluable. It enables you to keep track of your dog's location, even in dense or remote areas, giving you the freedom to explore while keeping your dog safe.
- Multi-Dog Management: If you have multiple dogs, a tracking collar helps you keep tabs on their individual locations. This is particularly useful when you have dogs with different activity levels, training needs, or if they tend to wander off in different directions.
Remember, a tracking collar should never replace responsible pet ownership and training. It should be used alongside proper supervision, training, and physical barriers to ensure the safety and well-being of your dog. Also, consider your dog's comfort and any potential limitations or risks associated with wearing a tracking collar.
Garmin, for instance, offers tracking collars with impressive satellite communication capabilities, including an SOS button similar to an EPIRB. This feature allows you to send text messages even in areas with no mobile phone coverage. Additionally, Garmin provides car navigator units that not only function as regular car navigation systems but also enable you to track your dog on topographic and satellite maps.
On the other hand, Dogtra offers advanced tracking systems that consist of a collar and a receiver unit. The receiver unit connects to the Path Finder app on your phone via Bluetooth, providing GPS tracking and the ability to administer training stimuli.
If you have any inquiries or require assistance, our team is always available to help. You can contact us at 0800 364 627, and our knowledgeable staff will assist you in finding a suitable setup for your dog. Alternatively, you can visit our Resource Centre for more valuable information on dog tracking.